Mathematics Department Outcomes
- As a result of the required course of studies in mathematics, the students will:
- Use the four basic operations with all numbers and polynomials.
- Solve equations and inequalities for at least two unknowns.
- Develop strategies for solving word problems, translate word problems into written equations, and solve them.
- Graph solutions to linear equations, quadratic equations, and trigonometric functions.
- Apply definitions, postulates, axioms, theorems, and identities to develop geometric and trigonometric proofs.
- Apply mathematical formulas and the different properties of geometric figures in problem-solving.
- Convert among customary, metric, and angular units of measurement.
- Use customary, metric, and angular unites to measure and solve spatial and other problems.
- Accurately read, interpret, and analyze graphs.
Stella Filizola, Chair email@example.com
Algebra I Honors Algebra II - D Pre-Calculus Honors Pre-Calculus - D
Faviola Sosa firstname.lastname@example.org
Geometry Pre-Algebra 8 Honors Algebra I Algebra II