Social Studies Department Outcomes
As a result of the required course of study in Social Studies, students will:
- Analyze the influences of history, economics, geography, and culture on current and future human events.
- Critically evaluate the arguments of primary- and secondary-source authors in the social studies literature.
- Accurately interpret data represented in maps, schedules, curves, graphs, and charts.
- Conduct and report historical and other social-studies research, correctly utilizing methods appropriate to the discipline.
- Intelligently and logically communicate ideas relevant to social studies using various media including discussion, debate, dialogue, and written presentations.
Jennifer Bald, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
United States History 8 World History
Leticia Davila email@example.com
Texas History Government
Jeff Gowen firstname.lastname@example.org
Economics AP Economics AP United States History
Gabriel Orlet email@example.com